Lawn is like a baby to a lot of people; just like they take care of their babies, they take care of their lawns as well. From cutting and shaping the plants to keeping the lawn clean, there is absolutely nothing that such people don’t do.
Do you like your lawn and take care of it?
Taking care of your lawn is much easier during summers, but when it comes to winters, you need to take care of a lot of things. If you love your lawn, you surely know about the challenges.
Yet, we are here with the following lawn tips for you to keep your lawn beautiful and maintained during the harsh season of winter as well:
- Let your lawn rest for as long as it needs to: You must allow your lawn to rest more during winters, since even the plants, the grass and the trees need their peaceful winter sleeps.
- Keep the plants away from snow: It is okay to enjoy the landscaping part during winters, but it is also the time for you to keep the plants away from snow. When it stops snowing, the first thing that you should do is throw away the collected snow from plants.
- Do not over mow your lawn during this season: There are a lot of people, who over mow the lawn during winters; you should avoid this for the better appearance of your lawn.
- It is the best time for you to plant the ‘winter’ plants: Plant the winter plants during this season so that you can grow those parts of nature that can face the seasonal challenges.
- Clean the lawn at least once or twice a week: It is necessary for you to keep the lawn clean and maintained.
- Allow the professionals to do their work to make it simple for you: There are a lot of lawn service business professionals, who know how to work on different lawns; allow them to help you during winters.
- Keep the mice away from your lawns: Kick off these beasts from your lawn, so that it is not destructed during this season.
- Fertilize your lawn before it freezes: It is very important for you to fertilize your lawn before season freezes it.
- Do not host lawn parties during winters: Do not gather traffic on your lawn during winters; as mentioned earlier, it needs rest during this season.
- Do not neglect the trees: You must take care of the trees in your lawn as well, since they create an impact on the image of your lawn.